About this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains how Echo Factory (“we”, “our”, “us”) collects, uses and shares your personal data, and your rights in relation to the data we hold. This notice concerns our processing of personal data of people who interact with Echo Factory (“you”, “your”).
Echo Factory is the data controller of your personal data and as such, we are subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) (and, from 25th May 2018, to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)).
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data if you wish to access some of our services, such as for example:
- To register for any of our open days;
- Making an initial enquiry about a course or event we are offering;
- When you make an enquiry about private tuition;
- When you make an application to study with us;
- To subscribe to email marketing communications such as our online newsletter
We will collect this information primarily via online enquiry forms on some of our webpages, however if clarification or further information is needed in order to provide you with access to the services you have requested, we may contact you directly.
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of data about you:
- your name, and contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number, as well as your date of birth, and your nationality. We will also allocate you a unique student number;
- information relating to your course interest (if any) and musical discipline (should you have one, education/work experience, records of communication sent to you by us or that we have received from you
When you provide us with your contact details, you will also be asked if you’d like to receive further communications from us.
We will ensure that all personal data you supply is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We do not sell or otherwise transfer personal data to any third parties unless you have consented to this or it is permitted by law.
How we use your information
The primary purposes that we might use your personal data for are:
- Recruitment and Admissions;
- Other Administrative Purposes, such as: research and statistical analysis, and audits to ensure our compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations;
- Marketing and Communications purposes (with your consent);
We love keeping our networks up to date with the latest information about our courses as well as raising awareness of what its like to study with us at Echo Factory and relevant industry-specific developments. We do this via a range of online and offline channels including publications, events, press releases, social media, and email.
In order to do this we have a database that contains personal data that we have collected during the course of our relationship with you. We aim to keep your data as accurate and up-to-date as possible and welcome any updates/corrections you might want to make to our records.
You have a right to request copies of the data held about you by Echo Factory. To do so, please contact us at: email@example.com.
If you no longer want us to use your data, or wish to be removed from our mailing lists, then you can opt out at any time via the unsubscribe link which is included in every email.
We value our relationship with you and we use your personal data to personalise our communications, improve our services and ensure we work efficiently and effectively.
Unless you have requested otherwise, your data is accessible by all relevant staff of Echo Factory. These include the following communications and marketing activities (by mail, email, sms, and telephone):
- Promoting our services;
- Notifying you of upcoming events;
- Promoting our courses and opportunities.
Tools may be used to help us improve the effectiveness of our communications with you, including tracking whether the emails we send are opened and the links (if any) that are clicked within a message.
Lastly, we use data to undertake analysis projects to ensure only effective and relevant communications are sent to you. A list of suppliers can be provided on request.
How long do we keep your data
Subject to any other notices that we may provide to you, we may retain your personal data for a period of six years after your association with us has come to an end. However, some information may be retained indefinitely by us in order to maintain your academic record for archiving purposes (or for the purposes of supporting your lifelong relationship with Echo Factory).
Under the Data Protection Act you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- to require us not to send you marketing communications.
Once the GDPR comes into force on the 25th of May 2018, you will also have the following additional rights:
- to require us to make corrections to the personal data we hold on you if it is incorrect;
- to require us to erase your personal data;
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to receive a copy of all of the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller;
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below. Please note that where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, we may not be able to provide all or some aspects of our services to you and/or it may affect the provision of those services.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone: +44 (0)116 253 5657; or by post: Echo Factory, 68 Humberstone Gate, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 3PL.
To request access to the personal data that we hold about you, you may contact our Data Protection Office by email: email@example.com; by telephone: +44 (0)116 253 5657; or by post: Echo Factory, 68 Humberstone Gate, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 3PL.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website available at: www.ico.org.uk.