BMus (Hons) Contemporary Music Performance degree
~ bass, drums, guitar, vocals and other instruments ~
Our Contemporary Music Performance university degree equips you with the skills, knowledge and real-life experience to launch a lifelong career as a successful performing musician, songwriter or composer.
Serious about a career in music? We offer a truly personalised and rigorous learning experience like no other.
Develop your individual talent and succeed on your own path in the music industry
Our three-year BMus Contemporary Music degree is highly personalised and tailored to your interests. Small classes and one-to-one tuition ensure you get the attention you need to master your skills, technique and approach to music making.
We thoroughly prepare you to succeed in the music industry, which is much more than performance! This course will give you understanding of how the music industry works, studio/production skills, as well as how to collaborate and secure exciting employment opportunities.
Core elements of this course
- Personalised learning with weeky one-to-one tuition
- Study all genres, musically and culturally
- Industry experience from year one
- Achieve true musical maturity & creativity
- 360º view of the music business & how to make a living from it
- Develop your unique voice
- Perform solo, in bands and within unique collaborations
- Master the latest studio and production techniques, working with emerging and established artists, as well as recording your own material.
- Songwriting and composition for media
- Apply music across all parts of the creative industries
Fees & Requirements
- Course fees UK / EU: £5,995 per year (eligible for Student Loans Finance). Fees compared to other Music degree providers.
- All applicants are expected to audition. We are committed to opening up opportunities for applicants from all backgrounds. As such, we do not charge our applicants to attend auditions.
- International students: Please contact us to inquire and/ or register interest
- 64 UCAS points or equivalent, or relevant industry experience. We welcome applicants that have studied arts awards
- English language requirement of IELTS 6 or equivalent
Course codes for applying through UCAS
- Institution code: W75
- Course code: W315
- Campus code: D
- Institution code name: WOLVN
– Courses are validated by the University of Wolverhampton
Studying at Echo Factory
Echo Factory is a music school with a difference. Created by musicians for musicians, our mission is to provide the highest level of professional music training and fully prepare our students for a lifelong career in the music industry.
Our approach is personal. Our outlook is global. Our ethos is inclusive. We empower you to develop your talent and passion in the direction you choose, providing a truly personalised, inspiring and rigorous learning experience.
Tour our facilities
Live venue, record label, recording studios, rehearsal facilities, music classrooms, lecture theatre and cafe bar.